Exam Number: CV0-002
The CompTIA Cloud+ certification is an internationally recognized validation of the knowledge required of IT practitioners working in cloud computing environments. The CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-002 exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Understand standard cloud methodologies
- Implement, maintain and deliver cloud technologies (e.g., network, storage and virtualization technologies
- Understand aspects of IT security and use industry best practices related to cloud implementations
It is recommended that CompTIA Cloud+ candidates have the following:
- CompTIA Network+ certification and/or CompTIA Server+ certification, although CompTIA certifications are not required
- At least 24–36 months of work experience in IT networking, network storage or datacenter administration
- Familiarity with any major hypervisor technologies for server virtualization, although vendor-specific certifications in virtualization are not required
- Knowledge of cloud service model (IaaS, Paas, Saas) definitions
- Knowledge of common cloud deployment model (private, public, hybrid) definitions
- Hands-on experience with at least one public cloud IaaS platform
1.0 Configuration and Deployment
-Given a scenario, analyze system requirements to ensure successful system deployment.
-Given a scenario, execute a provided deployment plan.
-Given a scenario, analyze system requirements to determine if a given testing plan is appropriate.
-Given a scenario, analyze testing results to determine if the testing was successful in relation to given system requirements.
-Given a scenario, analyze sizing, subnetting, and basic routing for a provided deployment of the virtual network.
-Given a scenario, analyze CPU and memory sizing for a provided deployment.
-Given a scenario, analyze the appropriate storage type and protection capability for a provided deployment.
-Given a scenario, analyze characteristics of the workload (storage, network, compute) to ensure a successful migration.
-Given a scenario, apply elements required to extend the infrastructure into a given cloud solution.
-Given a scenario, apply security configurations and compliance controls to meet given cloud infrastructure requirements.
-Given a scenario, apply the appropriate ACL to the target objects to meet access requirements according to a security template.
-Given a cloud service model, implement defined security technologies to meet given security requirements.
-Given a cloud service model, apply the appropriate security automation technique to the target system.
-Given a cloud service model, determine the appropriate methodology to apply given patches.
-Given a scenario, apply the appropriate automation tools to update cloud elements.
-Given a scenario, apply an appropriate backup or restore method.
-Given a cloud-based scenario, apply appropriate disaster recovery methods.
-Given a cloud-based scenario, apply the appropriate steps to ensure business continuity.
-Given a scenario, apply the appropriate maintenance automation technique to the target objects.
-Given a scenario, analyze defined metrics to determine the presence of an abnormality and/or forecast future needed cloud resources.
-Given a scenario, determine the appropriate allocation of cloud resources.
-Given a scenario, determine when to provision/ deprovision cloud resources.
-Given a scenario, implement account provisioning techniques in a cloud environment to meet security and policy requirements.
-Given a scenario, analyze deployment results to confirm they meet the baseline.
-Given a specific environment and related data (e.g., performance, capacity, trends), apply appropriate changes to meet expected criteria.
-Given SLA requirements, determine the appropriate metrics to report.
-Given a scenario, troubleshoot a deployment issue.
-Given a scenario, troubleshoot common capacity issues.
-Given a scenario, troubleshoot automation/orchestration issues.
-Given a scenario, troubleshoot connectivity issues.
-Given a scenario, troubleshoot security issues.
-Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting methodology.